Friday, November 23, 2007

Patience is a virtue...who said that?

So, I went to a missions conference last weekend, and I went with high hopes. I thought I'd come home knowing what part of the world I'd be traveling to, what team I'd be working with, and even have some idea of what work I would be doing once I got there. Well...

I told my friend Ever that I expected to go and have doors opened. Instead, I sit here almost a week later, feeling like I saw lots of doors close instead. Either my time to give was too short, the program someone thought I'd be a fit for is over, or my timeline just didn't fit with any of the teams' plans. I don't doubt that I should still go, but now it is a question of patience and trust. I have emailed every group I talked to, made contact with a few teams I didn't get to meet, and still don't feel like I am any closer to changing my situation....and this is where the trust part comes into play.

This morning, my quote of the day was this: "Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." Comte de Buffon

The passage that went with it was even better..."I waited patiently for God to help me; then he listened and heard my cry. He lifted me...and set my feet on a hard, firm path and steadied me...He has given me a new song to sing..." Psalm 40:1-3

I pray for that new song, even if it is different that the one that's in my mind. I trust that the Lord does have a plan for me, in His good timing. Please pray with me that I would rely on God's providence and that I would continue to trust his guidance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey- i am looking so forward to seing you on friday. What time are you heading this way? Can't wait to see you!! The girls prayed for you this morning.