Monday, December 20, 2010

One week

It's amazing how much things can change in one week. I can be really productive from 830 to midnight. I can also be surprisingly useful from 6 to 7 in the morning. Suddenly, it makes sense why I cannot remember ever seeing my mom asleep.

I am in love. Big time love. Heart-wrenching, gut-dropping love. I tell everyone her hugs are so sweet they're like candy. I cannot get enough of them. At work today, when I closed my eyes I saw her face. I missed her like crazy. She goes to see her mom for the first time tomorrow and I'm trying not to be anxious. I pray for mom, and for the babe entrusted to me, for however long.

And that's about it from this new mama. Being almost 38 with a young kiddo is a good reminder of why our child-bearing years are early in life. But I wouldn't trade a minute...except maybe for the screaming tantrums. But that's it. Promise.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Amy, when I talked to you the other day, you sounded so calm and at peace. I am so happy the little one has found such a soft, loving place, and that she is happy being with Mama Amy. Love, Mary

Unknown said...

leeann said that she was gorgeous. wish i was there to see her and you...but i am praying for you. i love you.