Friday, March 9, 2007

A post about nothing, and then some

So, I wasn't sure how to start this out, and this sentence is pathetic, but it's mine so I'm keeping it.
  • The best thing about having dogs is how much they can teach me. Forever I have tried walking them separately, and no one has been happy. The dog on the walk is yanking my arm out, trying to track down every scent. The dog at home barks the entire time we're gone. I am cranky because I am worried about the barking dog annoying my neighbors and fearful that the walking dog will pull my arm out. This week I got brave. I created an extra leash out of stuff in my garage, pulled Junnah's training halter out of my car where it has not been used in over 2 years, and took both dogs out--together. Wonders never cease! It was our best walk ever! Both dogs were so entertained by the other that they didn't try pulling my arms out while chasing down every other interesting thing in the neighborhood. We've walked 3 times this week, and we are all happier.
  • I watched a documentary this week about sisters who had both been molested by the same abuser when they were very young. It was sad, and someday I will talk about why the film spoke to me so much. Remind me, because I'll try to forget.
  • My house is quiet tonight, and one of the neighbors is grilling out. It smells delicious.
  • My prayer life is changing bit by tiny bit. My friend Julie and I were talking this week about how my standard prayer is really a list of requests from God. "Please watch over so and so, please help me be patient," you know the list. I was convicted when I read some of Paul's prayers, and Julie helped define them as general, but effectual. I'm still fleshing that out, and enjoying it.
  • I think someday I'd like to be married and have kids, but I'm gradually starting to be okay with the idea that it may not be God's plan for me...again with the wonders!

Have a great day! (I'm probably praying for you!)

No comments: