Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Stranger than...

I am having an internal conflict about the movie, Stranger than Fiction. On one hand I loved the story line, the character development, the chance for one person to change what could be viewed as the inevitability of death.

On the other hand, I am terrified that my life looks so similar to the early part of the movie. I count when brushing my teeth, taking stairs, etc. I have a job that brings me into contact with a lot of people, but only at the surface. I long for more, but I don't know how to get it.

I pray often that I want to trust the Lord's plan for my life, but sometimes I wish the narration were a bit more like that of Harold Crick...clear, certain, and easily accessible.

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

OK. I know you. You are not Harold Crick. First of all, you have more than one friend (Daniels and I are two) and your friend isn't an adult that want to go to space camp. So, there you go. You should feel better now. :)