Monday, June 15, 2009

One word...

So, one word today, ouch!

The surgery to insert the port went fine.  Mary and I got to the hospital at the fresh hour of 530am, and I was being taken into surgery by 705.  Much more efficient than my last surgery, praise God!  I remember being sleepy, then being woken up, so all in all, the anesthesia team did an excellent job.  Recovery was quicker than I'd expected, and I was out of recovery by 10am.  In the time in between, Mary was able to get to the pharmacy to pick up the prescriptions from Dr. Wolf and I was able to do everything the recovery room nurse needed from me.  

The "ouch" comes from sore muscles on my left side.  Because the port/catheter has to go through muscle, I am experiencing muscle soreness I haven't felt before.  A reliable resource tells me that I should expect the soreness to last about 36 hours, and then I'll feel much better.  I am praying for the Lord's strength to sustain me through this, as it has through everything else.  

The medicine to treat the pain makes me sleepy and occasionally dizzy, so I'm going to sign off here.  I just wanted to give everyone an update on where I am today.  Thanks for the love and the prayers!




4 comments:

Craig said...

Ok, sometimes when I am reading my eyes scan to the future words before I am finished reading the present words. When this happens the words sometimes register wrong in my mind. Your sentence "The surgery to insert the port went fine," in my mind read "The surgery to insert the port wine." This made me think that I'd like to have that surgery. Then I read it correctly.

Thanks for the updates. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

hey sweet friend....still have you in my thoughts and prayers all the time!!! i love you girl....make sure and not forget to read all of your uplifting thoughts that were written about you....millie sends you a great big slobbery kiss!!!!

love ya - tonya

Anonymous said...

Amy-I am sorry that you are in pain. I hope it eases soon!! I am glad that Mary is with you right now. Family is comforting at times like these and she is such a comforting soul, like Mom. I really want to come and help you when I am able. I might even try to talk Mom into letting me drive her Suburban down there for her. We pray for you everyday, all day. Our family always prays for you at dinnertime when we are together. Not one of us forgets to say your name, but Jenna is the best at saying "Aunt Amy". We love you!! Janice

Angie Carroll said...

we love you Amy and are still praying for you!!!!!!!