Monday, May 18, 2009

So far...

Don't really know what to say or how I'm feeling, so here is a jumble of thoughts from today.

I have not been thinking too clearly about having cancer. The more I thought of it, the more I could only imagine the worst. In God's blessing, it is not the worst, actually far from it. I spoke to the doctor, who told me that what I have going on is the best of the bad news. The cancer is relatively new to my body, and there are only 2 kinds of cancer present--ovarian and uterine. Of the 4 potential types I could have, I am really quite relieved there are only 2.

I had asked the doctor what the weights of the different tumors were, and what I know for certain is that my two ovaries weighed nearly 14 pounds. That is out of control. I am relieved they are gone.

I am not as scared as I was without knowing. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday @ noon, at which point I will know when my appointment with the oncologist will be. We've started gathering medical records to get 2nd or 3rd opinions. My ulitimate hope is that the Lord would just heal me, and make me stronger in Him. Beyond that, I would like to stay here in Temple for treatment, just to be close to home, family, friends, and my church. I know, though, that the Lord will put me on the path that is best for me, and will provide the best healing.

Thanks for all of your prayers, calls, and visits. I am still fairly tired, trying to recover from round one, so don't take it personally if I don't respond too quickly. I just wanted each of you to know I love you, and I know you love me. I covet your continued prayers and I promise to let you know if I need anything.


PS-Say an extra prayer for Debby. I am so thankful for her love, her caring, and her tenacity to always keep asking the questions even when I think I don't want the answers. I am being very spoiled, so if you are thinking about coming to spend time with me, just know that the standard for me feeling taken care of is VERY high.

No comments: