Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love Sundays!

Have I ever mentioned how I love Sundays? In the 11 months since I left Starbucks, Sunday has certainly become my favorite day. It was always close to my favorite day before leaving Starbucks, but since staff liked to "be sick" on many Sundays, I would often spend the day in dread of having to do some sort of work most Sundays. Even if I didn't end up having to work, the dread of it was just as bad as actually working.

Anyway, for the last 11 months, Sunday has developed a nice, relaxing routine. It starts with going to bed on Saturday night, which can be anytime I want. If that means 9pm, so be it, but it can also mean 3am, it just depends on how I feel. You see, the routine of Sunday is that I can sleep until nearly 9am if I need to, so I can do whatever I want on Saturday night...it is great. Sundays I set my alarm for about 845, shower, have breakfast & coffee, and drive to Waco for church, which starts at 10.

After church, I'll either have lunch with friends in Waco, or go see Debby and crew for the afternoon. Sometime in the late afternoon, I usually have a nap, then cook something fun for dinner. Since I have had so much leisurely sleeping in and napping, Sunday dinners can be quite late, which is just fine. I usually splurge and have something delicious for dessert on Sunday night, too. Just the feather in my cap I need on Sunday night.

So, you see, I love Sundays. I am in the middle of one right now and I am so content. I just thought you should know.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awesome.
So what dessert did you have tonight?
I am going to make some oatmeal chocolate chip cherry cookies. Last night I made peach cobbler, two days before that it was chocolate chocolate zucchini cake & zucchini bars with clove frosting. Tomorrow it's spiced peach jam... hoping to bring you a jar. Gotta go buy oatmeal. Love you.
PS-telling you these so you can place your order for when I see you :)

Eddie McGoogan said...

Glad to see you have settled into a leisurely routine, they can be so important. My favorite day here has been Fridays, because they serve tacos and have cheese cake, with blueberry, or peach topping. It is often the only way that I can tell what day it is.
So you stay relaxed and have your pleasant Sundays.

Celeste said...

Hey, Amy. I hope you and B had a good lunch. We need to get together soon. When do you leave again?