Saturday, August 15, 2009

This week

It has been a quiet week here at home. I did go to church last Sunday, and it was refreshing to visit with friends. Throughout the week I've seen a few friends, but mostly stayed close to home. The pain around the messed-up port remains, but today, finally, it wasn't as bad. Honestly, I am looking forward to seeing the doctor on Thursday to find out what exactly this problem is and how to resolve it. The most fun part of my week was having Angie & John come over 3 nights (and Deann once) to play tennis. We would go to the local courts after the sun went down and just hit the balls around. None of us is very good, but it was still fun to get out and do something normal. I am hoping they'll come again before I go back to Houston.

For a couple of days I have had a swollen gland in my neck, and a little bit of a sore throat. I have been keeping an eye on my temperature, and I haven't run a fever, so I've been laying low at home since early Friday. I considered going to the local emergency room to have someone take a look at me, but after my last ER experience (7 hours of waiting in various rooms, then being sent home with no answer to why I'd had fever in the 1st place), I opted to self-monitor. Part of that decision was also being aware of how many "more sick" people I would encounter while waiting in an ER than just hydrating and resting at home. After ten hours of sleep last night, I have felt much better today, and even made something new for lunch and baked brownies just so I'd have something to do.

I have done a lot of reading this week, and am starting a new book tonight. I've also been watching DVDs of "Boston Legal," (thanks Dad for loaning them to me). Though I had only seen one episode of the show before this week, I see why people like it and may actually try to figure out when it's on...any ideas?

I hope you have had a good week and would love to know what fun things you have been doing while I have been laying low.

1 comment:

Mary said...

It sounds like a great week despite a couple of humps. Are you still feeling better? I hope so.

You asked to hear what fun your readers have been up to. This weekend I headed out with Petunia on Saturday morning to the lake that is about 10 minutes from the house. We walked the trail for a short time before I had to get back home and it was a great 20 minutes out, letting her run off-leash. Headed home to Ahmed and he was relaxing, and as I walked in Kathleen woke up. We had a good day, taking care of the house and just being together. Sera, Adam and Naz came in for a visit that afternoon. It was great seeing them and wild to see Naz's energy- much different the boy energy, so intense. Later that day we semi-celebrated Ahmed's birthday by going out to a great Chinese place with our friends Megan and Roy. You met Megan here at my work. Thada stopped by on Sunday. We cooked a great meal and then took Kathleen swimming. She enjoyed it and spent most of time observing all the other kids. She's pulling herself up and for a second can stand on her own. WOW! The girl will be in college before I know. Well sis, I love you and am praying for you all the time. I love bragging that you're getting me in shape- I just have to start doing it! Have a great day. Love you, M