Thursday, August 20, 2009

This Treatment

I did see my oncologist today, and she said that I can do the remaining part of my chemo on a strictly outpatient basis!  Yay!  No more waiting for admission to the hospital, no more treatments in the middle of the night, and no more paying for an apartment...what blessings!  Thanks so much to those of you praying with me about this.

I am receiving my IV chemo now.  Though I don't have a TV on in my room, I can hear two shows.  I am also overhearing one man's conversation with someone at his work, and apparently something is not going well, because he sounds upset.  It must be difficult to try to manage your own health needs, work, and try to figure out how still to provide for your family.  I am so thankful, in this moment, for my own stresses and concerns, because I don't think I would cope well with anyone else's.

During the visit with my doctor, she told me that unless the pain in my port area gets worse, she plans to leave it in until after my treatments are over, then pull it.  I am hoping it doesn't get worse, because I am not having any fun with it right now.  I miss feeling like I can exercise and get a really good workout.  I am gaining weight, and not that that is everything, but I certainly don't like it!  I thought chemo was supposed to cause you to lose weight.  So much for that!  I am trying not to worry over little things, but often it feels like the little things are the only things I can control.  Having the discipline TO control them, now there's my problem...  

I'm off, for now.  Have a great day!


No comments: