Friday, August 7, 2009

Plan B

So, it's Friday.  Normally Fridays after treatments I feel pretty gross.  Not so today.  It could have something to do with the fact they could only infuse half of my chemo yesterday because again there was an issue with my port.  After sitting for 6 hours in the infusion suite, getting chemo pumped in (we thought), I asked the nurse how much longer it would take.  She took a look at the site, and saw that there was some swelling around the port and chemo was done for the day. Normally something like that would totally bum me out because it off-sets the value of the time (all this time and chemo is not done!) and affects the total number of treatments for me (I only got 17 1/2 and not 18 doses!).  Instead of being bummed about it, I've decided to look at this as something God has planned for me.  

Clearly, if this was something God was going to throw up as a roadblock, it just means I need to wait and pray and trust in Him to solve whatever this is.  I can do that.

Plus, two of my sisters and my niece are here, so we are going to go to a movie & have fun today, which doesn't leave me any time to worry or fret.  After the movie, we are going to have an apartment-cleaning extravaganza so that when I head back to my "home-home" this evening, my "home away from home" will be clean and crisp and ready to welcome back when the time comes.  

Onward...

2 comments:

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Praise God Amy. Faith is a gift from God, which He is obviously giving you. I pray with you for continued peace (also a gift) and for a successful resolution and continued successful treatment.

Love and Prayers
Holly