Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I feel good!

For the first time in ages, I am tired from exercise and not because of a side effect.  Praise God! I went out for a walk tonight and it felt great.  Now I am just waiting for laundry to dry so I can make the bed and crawl into it for the night.  This kind of tired feels so much better than the other.

I think I am going to go back to training for a 5k.  As long as I can walk/jog 3 times a week, I should be ready to jog a 5k in 9 weeks.  My goal is November 8th in DC for the "inaugural" conference of the Gynecologic Cancer Foundation.  The conference itself does not interest me, but running a 5k as a survivor really does.  I think Mary & I are going to run it together.  I am very excited!  I know November is way further away than 9 weeks, but this gives me a little bit of cushion time to duplicate training weeks if I need to.  The thought of exercising at this point releases about as many endorphins as an actual workout...that's got to be a good sign.  

All right, time to check the laundry, sleep is calling....

No comments: