Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Today

It has been a gorgeous day. Breakfast and lunch outside. Talked to Tim. Read some, watched a movie, had dinner with Jimmy, caught up with an old friend who's in town for the summer. Quiet day.

I started reading this book from Judy called Crazy, Sexy Cancer Tips. I'm just a few pages into it, and I can already tell it's going to be a tough one to read. It's positive and uplifting, but it will require me to think about the fact that I do, in reality, have cancer. The author is chronicling the days just after her diagnosis. My reality is that I haven't really thought about MY cancer all that much. I've thought about treatment, about details, but not so much about how this can affect the rest of my life.

I do know that I intend my life to last quite a bit longer. Good news for me, not so sure about the rest of you who are going to have to put up with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, So glad you had a good day today. We have had great weather here also. I am planning to be your next guest for round 2. I will call you tomorrow to make some plans. Think about when you want me to come. I am pretty open for the next 2 weeks. Talk to you tomorrow!! Love you, Janice

Unknown said...

I'll put up with you any day!