Thursday, July 9, 2009

Round 2...almost

Well, it's Thursday night.  I should be in the hospital, getting some good poison chemo pumped into my system.  But, I'm not.  There were no beds available today at the hospital, so instead of getting in early and getting things rolling with the chemo, Janice and I did a whole lot of nothing today.  To be fair, I was the one who did a whole lot of nothing, Janice was actually productive.

I watched Food Network, napped, and ate.  After waking up from my 2nd nap (yes, you read that right, I took two naps!), I got a call from the admissions folks at the hospital letting me know that there would not be a bed available for me today, but I would be "first on the list" for tomorrow.  Instead of being cranky and annoyed by that, we decided we had time to see a movie and do something fun.  Off we went, to see "The Proposal" and get groceries to make a Paula Deen recipe.  You know breakfast is going to be good when it involves Paula Deen.  How can you go wrong when a recipe includes heavy cream, butter, and croissants?

So, tomorrow I should have more of an update.  It sounds like I will be in the same unit as before, which means I'll be able to see the nurses I liked from the last time around, which makes me happy.  I will keep you posted about this round when treatment starts tomorrow.  


No comments: